Friday, July 08, 2011

The Warrior's Way

The Warrior's Way is a movie that mixes both the stereotypical western gunslinger style movie and samurai movie. It stars Kate Bosworth, Geoffrey Rush, Danny Huston and One of my favorite martial artist actors Jang Dong Gun.

The story of the warrior's way is almost Cliche' . It's about a swordsman (Jang) who trained his entire life in the ways of the sword wanting to become the world's greatest swordsman and he eventually achieves his goal, but in a surprise mix of events he becomes the target of assassin's from his clan and flees his homeland to settle down and start a new life without conflict. During this time he settles down in a run down circus village in the American west and finds that the simple life as the owner of a laundry cleaner store is quite peaceful and while maintaining the simple existence he becomes very close with the townsfolk and even forms a slight awkward but cute romance with Kate Bosworth's character. But soon he must take up the sword again in order to protect his new home and many friends when a group of outlaws and pack of assassin's find their way to the town.

This movie was actually really good, I was expecting it to be really predictable and boring to a point but the cast of this movie had great chemistry and the special affects were really good. I loved how they brought the western "gunslinger" and eastern "samurai" so close in this movie and managed to make it work so well. Jang did such a great job playing the "retired" swordsman trying to forget his past. And Kate Bosworth being the beauty that she is, played the cute "tomboy" girl part very well. The chemistry between the two is what really kept me into the movie and the twist later one with one other character who I won't name for your benefit really kept my eyes open. One line they used that I really liked was " When you live as a warrior and you love some one, you show it best by staying as far away from them as possible" though it sounds kind of sad I really like it and I can understand the meaning behind it. This movie gives the perfect amount of Action and even has a bit of romance and comedy as well. I recommend this movie to whoever wants a "samurai western" experience movie and from me it gets 3 smileys. I hope you enjoy it like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...