Monday, May 23, 2011

The Next 3 Days.

So I just finished watching the movie "The Next 3 Days" and all I have to say is:  WOW!!!!!

the movie was one of the best movies I have seen in quite some time. It had raw emotion
and showed on screen just how far some of us would be willing to go for the ones we love.
Personally I was drawn right in from the small summary on the back of the movie case.

Married couple John Brennan and Lara Brennan
The Husband is played by Russell Crowe and the Wife is played by Elizabeth Banks.

The story is basically this :

  • Man and wife in a happy marriage with young child.
  • Wife has a jerk of a boss and hates her boss with passion.
  • One morning while the couple and their son are all getting ready to go about their day a bunch of cops show up at their door with a warrant for the arrest of the wife for murder.
  • Frantic, the husband refuses to cooperate with the police and begins shoving the cop right in front of him to get to his wife and child and is very aggressive and confused.
  • Black screen and fast forward to about 2 years.


As could be expected, due to Lara being in prison for the past 2 years the relationship between her and John has gotten rocky, Though Lara has lost hope that she'll ever see the light of day John still shows that he has hope and that he's going to do whatever he can to prove her innocence to the court. Also dramatically effected by this is their now 6 year old son Luke. After several visits to the prison to see Lara, John begins to lose hope. After a slightly heated argument between the two Lara states angrily that John never even bothered asking her if she actually committed murder to which John responds that he never needed to ask because he knows without a doubt that Lara never committed murder and that he knows who she really is and that she isn't a murderer. After another small meeting with their "dipshit" lawyer, John decides that he's going to take matters into his own hands and bring his Wife home and begins creating his master plan to make that happen.
                                 
( I won't spoil the rest of the movie for you all)

Personally I loved this movie, It was a movie that screamed out "WATCH ME!" and through out this entire movie I couldn't help but think " I would do this too if it was my wife in that situation."
I am in a strong and loving relationship quite like the one portrayed in this movie and I honestly would feel exactly what Russell Crowe's character did too. In life, when we get married we agree to stand by our other half for better or for worse, in sickness and in health and this movie takes that meaning to a whole new level.
It's a movie that has not only action but drama,suspense and romance in it. All of which, when mixed together make a DAMN good movie and this one did not let me down. The entire movie kept me on the edge of my seat anxious for what would or could happen next. At the end of this movie I found myself sitting here with tears in my eyes, I'm a man but I DO show emotion during movies, especially with movies like this. It is a must see and trust me you WILL NOT regret taking my word for it.
I give it 5 Smileys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...