Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Gnomeo and Juliette

So tonight I decided to cuddle up and watch a cute animation movie called " Gnomeo and Juliette".
The answer to your question : YES! it is a good movie.

the whole movie was very cute, very funny and though was definitely aimed for a younger audience
was very entertaining and had a cute "kiddy" version of romance.
Basically it's the typical re-telling of Shakespeare's " Romeo and Juliette" but without the tragic end.

For those of you who don't know the story of  Romeo and Juliette (though I'm sure everyone has)
it's a story about to families at war with one another and they are known as the Capulets and Montegues.
Both who's youngest child falls in love with the other, enemies by family name but lovers regardless.

Like the original story " Gnomeo and Juliette" goes on just the same but with more humor and less violence.
As stated earlier it IS aimed for a younger audience but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good movie. In fact
it was actually quite great. It gives you moments where you genuinely will laugh no matter how old you are
and it can even make you feel slight sadness at parts in the movie because the director truly tapped into what
makes both children and adults respond emotionally to a movie.

I saw it and I loved it, I laughed, I felt a moment of sadness, I laughed even harder and by the end of the movie I definitely did NOT regret renting it. I definitely recommend renting or buying this movie, grabbing a huge bowl of popcorn and snacks and drinks and sitting down with the family, or your lover or by yourself even and watching this movie! No matter if you've seen the original "Romeo and Juliette" or the one with Leonardo Dicaprio, or if you've even just read the book or seen the play, It is a great movie for audiences of any age. I give this movie 4 Smileys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...